We’re looking for a talented Marketing & Publicity Assistant to join the close-knit team here at Toolroom! This is an entry level role, with loads of room to grow. You’ll be working remotely initially, with a view to work from our HQ in Maidstone, Kent in early 2021.
MARKETING & PUBLICITY ASSISTANT
You are a creative person with a devotion to electronic music, looking for your first break into the music industry.
You live and breathe electronic music and it’s a lifestyle you wish to live, not just to work in. Mixmag, DJ Mag and Resident Advisor are your go-to publications, and you pride yourself on having your finger on the pulse of the scene. You’re a keen writer and have an affinity for visual communications and social media. You live online and have or aspire to have a presence in relevant digital communities within the scene. Podcasts and Radio are always on as you endeavour to be an early adopter of the scene’s most exciting new music. You CANNOT live without a Premium Spotify / Apple Music account.
Toolroom is a label you follow and you are familiar with our roster and extensive catalogue, and working at a record label is a dream you want to come true.
Playing part of a small unit with big expectations – you’re a team player that wants to contribute to the delivery of high quality communications to the market by one of Dance Music’s biggest Indie labels.
Previous experience in similar positions or companies is not wholly necessary, but a clear demonstration of your love for all things House music, is a must.
Press & Publicity
• Writing compelling press releases for Toolroom’s busy release schedule
• Pitching for reviews and features in various electronic music press outlets
• Building and maintaining Toolroom’s in-house press database
• Write weekly press reports for marketing team
• Filing and organising artist press shots, bios etc (good housekeeping of press assets)
• Regularly updating Toolroom and Toolroom Academy websites
• Assisting on Mailchimp email marketing campaigns, from content production to mailouts
• Contributing to weekly social media planning, asset creation and campaign development
• Assisting in management of social media channels
• Assist the marketing team with any ad hoc tasks as necessary
• A strong understanding of and passion for electronic music, particularly within Toolroom’s sound
• Confident writer
• Excellent organisational skills
• Knowledge of a range of social media channels and desire to stay on top of trends
• Some experience of wordpress (preferred, not essential)
• Some experience of Adobe (preferred, not essential)
Please send a CV and covering letter to Mikey Whyte, Head of Marketing ([email protected])
Deadline: Monday 4 January